This job is no longer available.
- Mon-Fri 8.00 am - 5.00 pm
- Salary guide £34,000 pa
(6 Month Fixed Term Contract)
We are looking for a Pipe Fitter to join our engineering department on a 6-month fixed-term contract, to provide support to the production departments on both a reactive and planned maintenance basis. You will be required to carry out the best course of action to rectify faults and make engineering-based decisions based on experience and data when carrying out planned maintenance procedures.
Key responsibilities for this role include rectification of Pneumatic, Hydraulic, Steam and water pipework system issues when required, preparing pressure vessels for PSSR Inspections, Completing planned maintenance tasks within the defined schedule, liaising with other Engineering disciplines to effect fault rectification and ensuring 5S is followed and carried out within the work area.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Formally qualified to NVQ level 2 or equivalent, in pipe fitting, steam and welding.
- Experience in pipe fitting, steam and welding.
- Works on own initiative
- Competent to use workshop machinery, specialist tools and test equipment.
- Experience in steam systems (desirable)
What you can expect from us
- Engaging work culture
- Environmentally conscious company
- Company profit share scheme
- Company contribution pension plan
- Personal learning and development
- Leadership development and mentoring programmes
- 34 days holiday per year
- On-site car and cycle parking
- Health & wellbeing programme
- Enhanced maternity benefits
- Health & dental plans
- Company sick pay and life assurance
- Tech and Cycle Schemes
- Discounts with participating local shops and businesses
- Contribute to high-profile textile projects
- Privately owned, debt-free company
For further information on this vacancy please contact:
Human Resources Team
Heathcoat Fabrics Limited,
Westexe, Tiverton EX16 5LL UK