This job is no longer available.
- Flexible hours
- £11.24 per hr
We are seeing an individual to add flexibility to our Textile Laboratory during high-demand periods. This will be a zero-hours contract, giving flexibility to applicants including potentially supplementing a current income. After initial training, a complete working shift would be 12 hours between 06:00-18:00, available 7 days a week. Hours outside this could be potentially worked with prior agreement.
Available hours will be dictated by business demand and will likely be up to 20 hours per week with flexibility on the shift working hours.
No prior experience is necessary as full training will be provided.
About the department
Our Textile Laboratory prepares and tests fabric and yarns to specifications for product release and provides accurate and reliable data for the business to improve its product and processes. Your responsibility would be to prepare and test our fabric and yarns, together with recording all the test data accurately and in a timely manner.
Skills, knowledge and experience required
- Minimum GCSE or equivalent in science and maths
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication, both written and verbal
- Good hand dexterity
- Good basic numeracy skills
The following are desirable
- Experience in using Microsoft Office applications
- Experience working in a similar environment
- Knowledge of Laboratory good practice would be advantageous but not essential
Full training provided
What you can expect from us
- Engaging work culture
- Environmentally conscious company
- Company profit share scheme
- Company contribution pension plan
- Personal learning and development
- Leadership development and mentoring programmes
- 34 days holiday per year
- On-site car and cycle parking
- Health & wellbeing programme
- Enhanced maternity benefits
- Health & dental plans
- Company sick pay and life assurance
- Tech and Cycle Schemes
- Discounts with participating local shops and businesses
- Contribute to high-profile textile projects
- Privately owned, debt-free company
For further information on this vacancy please contact:
Human Resources Team
Heathcoat Fabrics Limited,
Westexe, Tiverton EX16 5LL UK